Perfect Love Casts Out Fear

"Perfect Love" banner ad - The Pocket Testament League

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome to Jalimo, Southern Sudan



Jalimo was the village that Kelly, Joanne, Ruby and I were assigned to. The church there, Grace Baptist Church, was established about a month prior to our visit. Our mission on this trip is to help strengthen that church by doing follow-up lessons and do more evangelism. We were welcomed on the first day of ministry with a few songs by their choir. Our medical team visited the village on the fourth day of ministry. The people were blessed with eye glasses, medical attention by two doctors on our team, and with prayer and bible study by our Jalimo team. We were partnered with translators, some of whom were pastors themselves, and we also had help from pastors from Uganda and other nearby churches.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." Ps. 91:1-2